Oats. Cranberries. White chocolate chunks. Pecans. Pumpkin-spice latté mix.
Cinnamon. Ginger. Clove. Nutmeg. Pumpkin-spice vodka…
It’s the most wonderful time of the year!
Based on my recipe for Everything cookies. And more than a little holiday spirit.
And just to help you spread the festive cheer, this is a double batch.
(But it’s also easy to halve — and still generous at that.)
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp nutmeg
Secret ingredient: One sachet of Starbucks pumpkin-spice latté mix*
225 g butter (at warmish room temp)
1 cup caster sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla (or the other secret ingredient: 2 tsp pumpkin-spice vodka*)
2 + 1/2 cups of festive ‘stuff’ – I used craisins, chopped white chocolate and pecans
1 + 1/2 cups oats
- Preheat the oven to 175° C.
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, baking soda and powder, salt, spices and pumpkin-spice latté mix (no need to sift). Set aside.
- Chop the butter, then add it to the bowl of your stand mixer, with the sugars, and cream them together until pale and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Still mixing, add the egg and vanilla (or vodka).
- When the egg/vanilla is fully incorporated, slow down the mixer/beaters, and gradually add the flour mixture until fully combined.
(At this point the dough would melt even the Grinchiest heart.)
- Switch to a wooden spoon, and mix in the mix-ins (oats, nuts, chocolate, cranberries etc.).
- Spoon out large, heaped teaspoonfuls of dough onto a baking tray, and bake for about 8 minutes, or until the cookies are browning at the edges, and golden and ‘dry’-looking all over.
- All to cool completely, and share them with the next person who says they’re stressed about the holiday season. Relaxed smiles will inevitably ensue.
*I know. The devil’s work. But trust me… in the cookie dough? It’s so good it’ll drive you crazy.